Sunday 10 December 2017

Trsteno Arboretum, Dubrovnik

20 minutes away from Dubrovnik is Trsteno Arboretum. Another beautiful location where Game of Thrones was filmed. You will recognise it as the Red Keep gardens in King's landing. There is a small fee for entering but worth it as it is visually unique for photography.





If you don't mind walking a bit further than the gardens there is a lovely walkway that takes you down to the ocean yet another incredible place. I warn you it is quite a walk down, you will want to collapse on the way back up especially in that croatian heat!!




There is a magnificent fountain that features Poseidon and other statues. We heard a few strange noises coming from it and were determined to find what it was. Turns out it was a group of frogs all singing and talking to each other. I couldn't believe how many there were but what a perfect little home for them.



It is a very peaceful place to go to if you have had enough of crowds of people for one day. It is a place where you can just sit for hours and appreciate nature and where you are in the world. It put a smile on my face, I couldn't of been happier.





A lovely day out and an amazing adventure

More to come.

Tpot x



No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

My name is Sophie aka Teapot. I get called teapot as it goes in 1 ear and out the other. I also drink A LOT of tea. I am 22, Dorset born...