Tuesday 12 December 2017

Cavtat, Dubrovnik

We stayed in a small town just a short boat ride from the center of Dubrovnik, Cavtat. If you want to stay somewhere with character yet somewhere peaceful then this is the place. Cavtat is very small but makes up for it with its beautiful scenery, lively resturants and the friendly locals. Everyone there treats you as one of their own and will definitley look after you.




There are a few small local boat stalls that offer trips around the islands for a fair price but do take a look else where and don't go to the first one you see. Depending on who is working some may offer you tickets for a cheaper deal. I got a free boat ride to Dubrovnik as I mentioned it was my birthday... a very kind gesture!



Take a walk, don't just sit around. Although small, there is still a lot to see in Cavtat. A walkway will guide you through a beautiful scenic forestry and then onto the beach. We ventured off path and found ourselves some rock pools. My sister has been a big influence on myself and Ollie, we would have never looked at them if it wasn't for her and her love of the ocean. She absolutley adores aquatic life, so we took some photo's for her in hope she could name what we saw as we had no clue!! A very dangerous and slippy venture, I managed to fall and scrape my knee but worth it.

As it was my birthday we stayed in a 5* hotel. Hotel Croatia. I cannot express how much I loved the hotel. It was incredible! Our room was lush, it had a balcony with a forest view and the most comfy bed. The food was incredible, it was a buffet but it changed every night so you never had the same. They had spa facilities and a gigantic pool that was open till late, it had a skylight so you could see the stars as you were swimming.




You can see the whole of Cavtat from the hotel, it was gorgeous at night. A great spot to sit, relax and enjoy a cocktail! Also, a pianist was playing at the bar, just another thing that made each night even more special. 
The only downfall I had with this hotel was the walk up to it. You can either walk up a million stairs or brave a very steep hill! It wasn't until our second to last day that we noticed you can get a caddy up!!! All that walking when we could have saved our legs. Oh well, it was excercise... i guess. 
I would 100% stay here again, I really miss it.

More to come. Keep reading.
Just a quick thankyou to all that have been reading. I hope I have inspired some of you to get out and explore the world. No time like the present!!

Tpot xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

My name is Sophie aka Teapot. I get called teapot as it goes in 1 ear and out the other. I also drink A LOT of tea. I am 22, Dorset born...